Wednesday, January 25, 2012

1967 Vintage BMW motorcycle - when BMW riders meet, they become friends

In lion country near Mt. Kilimanjaro we met Russ of Salt Lake City. We rode the African veldt together for seven weeks before our trails parted in Rhodesia. Later Arlene and I received a letter from our friend, Russ Scovile, Associate Director of the Peace Corps in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: "...When I left you at Karila Dam I continued south to Basutoland and Swaziland before riding north again towards East Africa and Ethiopia. Seventeen thousand miles in four months. I carried full camping gear and a week's supply of food. My R27 needed only a speedometer cable, a set of points, a spark plug, and a front fender job (my fault) during that period." -From Danny Liska's diary of his trip from the North Cape in Norway to the South Cape at the Southern tip of Africa - 40,000 miles on his BMW R60.

1967 BMW R60 - when BMW riders meet, they become friends Ad available at www.DadsVintageAds.com

Click the picture to "BUY IT NOW"









Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook

No comments:

Blog Archive