Monday, September 5, 2011

Suzuki GT750 "Water Buffalo" liquid-cooled, rotary triple

Cover Story: Recycling an RE-5 - bringing Suzuki's wild rotary back to life by Jum Chamberlain: "If I was going to restore a Sukuki, I think I'd try something really unusual like an RE-5...After buying the RE-5, my first priority was to get this rotary thing to run. It was important to know if an "enginectomy" was in the cards...The Wankel was supposed to be a simple engine. It was. Unfortunately, everything required to make this model of simplicity run is complex! It took me some time to figure out that in order to get the carb off the left side of the RE-5 engine, I had to attack the beast from the right. Now I know what the manual means when it states, "In order to remove the carburetor, you must first remove the motorcycle. This leaves the carburetor easily accessible for service."..."

Features: Recycling an RE-5 - bringing Suzuki's wild rotary back to life by Jum Chamberlain; Maico Owner's club of the Midwest; Project Super Bullet; Gotta split the cases!; A Dealer's Harley-Davidson Museum; Adjusting the Primary; Street Legal 1977 Yamaha TT-500; more

RE5 TT500

1999 September Old Bike Journal Motorcycle Magazine Back-Issue available at www.DadsVintageAds.com









Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook

No comments:

Blog Archive