Thursday, July 28, 2011

1975 Kawasaki KZ-400D Parking Meter Police Officer Ad

Nobody was looking, so I figured I could get away with it, sneaking a dime into the meter, while he was diggin' on my Kawasaki. No such luck. I'm out five bucks. Which doesn't seem fair somehow...I mean over-parked bikes costin' as much as over-parke cars. Then againm, the ticket didn't hurt so bad because he liked my bike so much. In fact, I felt kinda good when he started asking me questions about it. At first he asked the sort of nuts and bolts things you'd expect. And I told him, yeah, it's a KZ-400D, with the 389cc 4-stroke engine, 5-speed trans, electric starter and front-disc brake. Then he really did a number on my head. Did I like the handling? What about in traffic? Would it make a good tourer? How's the suspension? How's the ground clearance when it's really laid over? Did I like the layout of the controls? How's the throttle response? What about vibration? How was the saddle for long rides? Did I like the positioning of the bars? Is there an lurch in the drive train? What about this? What about that? He really knew bikes. And by the time we finished, I definitely felt he wanted a KZ-400D for himself. I don't blame him, either. After tooling around all day on a 3-wheeler, cops should have fun too. Excuse me, I mean police officers.

KZ400D KZ-400 KZ400

1975 Kawasaki KZ-400D Parking Meter Police Officer Ad available at www.DadsVintageAds.com













Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook

No comments:

Blog Archive