Friday, November 28, 2014

440 hz vs. 432 hz - my guitar experiment

The standard concert pitch we use today has the "A" note at 440hz, but there's a ton of people out there that are saying that tuning the "A" to 432hz sounds much better and has a better effect on people. The jury is still out for me. There's alot of info and dis-info on the internet on this subject so it's hard to separate fact from fiction. I made this video as an experiment to see which one sounds best to me. I played the song two different times. First with the guitar tuned to standard concert pitch of A=440 hertz (hz) or cycle per second (cps), then with A=432 hz, using a Korg chromatic tuner. Then I interspersed clips of the videos together to try to determine which sounded better. The video starts with shorter clips and ends with longer clips. This first short clip starts with A=440hz. You be the judge........ The name of the song is "A Whiter Shade of Pale." arranged by Hiroshi Masuda, youtube: peacejoytown Digg It! Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook

No comments:

Blog Archive